Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Humans

I AM NOT A ROBOT.

Today I made a mistake...
I tripped, I fell, I screamed, I yelled. Cause I AM NOT A ROBOT. I am human.
Today I told a lie...
I told my dad I was on time to school, I told my teacher I would follow the rules, I told my bishop I wouldnt wear bikinis to pools. Cause I am human. 
 I do not have buttons, I do not have gears, I do not operate off a clock, although I tend to get ticked off.
I tend to smile even when things hurt. I shed tears when tears are shed for loss. I hurt when the going gets rough. Cause I am human. 
Robots can tick and function eternally. Yet I'll never know when my time is at end.
So till then I plan on making mistakes, I plan on telling lies, I plan on smiling, crying, hurting, laughing, running, eating, sleeping, breathing. Cause I am human. And humans do not function properly.

1 comment:

  1. I adore this. Stole a lot of lines. I really like how you pulled everything into the last paragraph. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete