Monday, September 24, 2012

Fear

For you to say, "I'm not afraid!" I'd respond, "That's a lie."

When you're praying at morning and blessing your food, just hoping to make it by.

I know you're afraid cause I'm scared too.

I'm afraid of you knowing too much, I'm afraid I don't know you.

I don't think we've met yet, Hi how's your day?

I see you in the halls but never know what to say.

You could call it fear, it's not normal to be kind.

So I always walk by, I hope you don't mind.

I'm afraid to be the same, I make my own choice.

I'm afraid I'm judged by my appearance more than my voice.

I'm afraid of smart people and the questions they ask.

I'm afraid of my coaches and possibly failing their task.

They can say I did well, but how well is good enough.

I'm afraid they pity me, I promise I'm tough.

I'm afraid of confrontation and negative relation.

I'm afraid of divorce, I'm afraid of death, and permanent seperation.

I'm afraid of falling asleep after hearing rumors come through.

I'm afraid of waking up and finding them all true.

I'm not afraid of sticks and stones, but breaking bones is scary.

I'm afraid I'll attend BYU and at 19 be ready to marry.

I mean you're only 19, you're only a child.

You're finally in college, you're free!! Go crazy, get wild!

I'm afraid of school, I'm afraid every day.

I'm afraid of those faceless strangers and the things they may say.

Are they talking about me, do they know what I've done?

I promise that was once, it was only just for fun.

These fears I've confessed, they aren't near enough..

To how much I fear, the truth is too rough.

'Til next time....this is the end of my fearful rhyme.

9 comments:

  1. Ruby Mendel: Are you okay?
    Ren Stevens: I'm jinxed!
    Ruby Mendel: Ren, stop it! You're not jinxed.
    Ren Stevens: Oh, yeah, I am.
    Ruby Mendel: I told you, we're gonna clean you up, and you're gonna march out there and give it another shot!
    Ren Stevens: No, we're not.
    Ruby Mendel: Yes, you are.
    Ren Stevens: No, we're not!
    Ruby Mendel: Yes, you are!
    Ren Stevens: NO, WE'RE NOT!
    Ruby Mendel: WHY NOT?
    Ren Stevens: MY FOOT IS STUCK IN THE TOILET!

    Ren Stevens: It's really hard to like someone and not have them know how you feel.
    Louis Stevens: Hm.
    Ren Stevens: I know you can't relate to this now, but someday you will.
    Louis Stevens: Well, you'd be surprised.

    i like you though. good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice slow narrating voice would be great for this

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me tear up everytime I read it.... I stole the first line

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, the voice inside my head was a slow, narrating voice. (That's weird.)

    My favorite line is the one about BYU. Seems like everyone around here dreams of going to BYU or they're destined to go there, even if they don't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I'm afraid of confrontation and negative relation." Great line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not afraid of sticks and stones, but breaking bones is scary.


    can i steal this? ok thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I'm afraid they pity me, I promise I'm tough."
    stole this.

    ReplyDelete